Sunday, March 8, 2009

Sleepless Weekend

The weekend couldn't have started more perfectly. Friday night, Erik and I went to Chick-fil-a for a milkshake. I have been wanting one forever and finally I was getting it....Cookies 'n Cream. Mmmmm...it was tasty!

Friday night, we put Nolan to bed at his usual time and we went to bed about 9:30, looking forward to a good nights sleep after a week of work. Well, about 10:30 we were awaken by a screaming child. It continued every 15 minutes, it seemed, throughout the night. He was coughing his head off.

Saturday morning, we went to the doctor. He had an ear infection in the left ear, fluid on the right ear, drainage everywhere, including a partially blocked tear duct that makes him look like he got socked in the eye. Poor guy. You can't help but feel sorry for him.

Right after the appointment, we dropped Nolan off at Gigi and Papas, and we were off to a noon wedding. It was the perfect golf day and yes, Erik was at a wedding. He wasn't the happiest camper, but he got through it. We didn't know a soul there, but it didn't matter, we knew the bride, Allyson. I use to work with her. She is very special to me and it was an honor to be at her wedding. You see, she is the sono tech that proved the pregnancy test wrong. There was a sweet little baby in there. She also was there when we found out it was going to be a boy and later on she pointed out the wavy long hair. Not to mention, Nolan was born on her birthday, 12/12. Congratulations Allyson! You looked stunning and the wedding was beautiful!

Then it was back to reality Saturday evening with a fussy little boy. We went to Lance and Sydneys for dinner. It was tasty as always and lots of fun. Then we were off to the house to get the little guy down, or so we thought. It wasn't that simple. He didn't even get in his bed. We all had a long night. He would take short naps and then awake coughing. Then he was up for good at 5:15, which was really 4:15 with the time change.

Well, right now, we are breaking a record for the weekend. He has been asleep for an hour and a half. Hopefully, this continues as Erik and I both work tomorrow. Pray for Mr. Nolan to feel better.

3 comments:

Mary said...

Oh I'm so sorry. And I feel your pain. Never before being a momma did I experience such sleep deprivation--and feel so helpless all at the same time. How did our moms do it????? Take care!!

Emily said...

My poor Noodle Bug... I hope he is better today and that you were able to get some sleep!

Jenny Seymore said...

I hate that there are so many sickly little ones out there right now. I'm sorry that your family had to join our sick club. I hope that he is feeling better and that you all finally get some well deserved sleep!