Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy New Year!


(Nolan apparently has an earlier bedtime than his friends)

We had so much fun at the home of the Simmons New Years Eve. It was BYOK...Bring Your Own Kiddos. There were tons of kids there.(8 under 1 or that just turned 1) The Simmons bought Wii World Tour for the special night and that was very entertaining. I really didn't need any confirmation that I was uncoordinated, but I got it. I got to hear "BOOOOOO" quite often.

New Years Day was lots of fun....we went shopping at the Galleria with Nolan. He wanted out of the stroller as soon as he got in the stroller. As soon as he got out of the stroller, he wanted down and he did not want to hold anyones hand. Needless to say, we didn't get much shopping done and we learned not to go back to the mall with him.

The next night,Friday, we went to the Mavs Game with the Rusts! We had lots of fun! Between Lance's curb checks to avoid the policeman and the lady yelling in our ears at the game, we were lucky to make it home safely.

You will never believe what we did on Saturday. I thought that we learned our lesson. Apparently not! We went back to the mall! This time he did better, but not great. We were able to spend a little Christmas money which is always fun!!

1 comment:

Mary said...

I can't tell you how fun that was to see everybody together! For me, a real treat since I don't see anybody anymore :) Thanks for posting such a fun picture!! About the mall, I feel your pain--tenfold. It was hard for about 3 months with Ty, then he could understand more and knew I wasn't letting him out. A few hundred scream fests later he got over the urge to get out :):)